Here you will find everything you need to know about the media type "eLearning":
eLearning courses are digital learning course that you can borrow from your Onleihe.
eLearning as a new media type for the Onleihe and has been made available at the end of 2016. Currently, eLearning content is available from the following providers:
- IWDL is an eLearning course, developed by the German Volkshochschul-Verband (DVV). Here you can learn German as a foreign language. It is therefore addressed to refugees, migrants or other German learners. The learner is guided by a virtual game board with numerous lessons. Within the lessons various media such as text, audio and video are used.
- LinguaTV provides online language courses for English, French, Italian, Spanish and German as a foreign language. The courses consist of scenic videos and tutorials, interactive exercises, learning games, vocabulary trainer and many learning aids like multilingual subtitles, online dictionaries and printable glossaries.
- Lecturio is a platform for your private and professional education and training. As an adaptive learning system, Lecturio adapts to the speed of each individual.
- Video2Brain / Lynda focuses on private and professional training, especially in the area of images & photography, web, video & audio, design, IT, programming, business, marketing and more. With more than 1,500 video courses, you can choose from a wide selection and many additional features.
eLearning has the following specialities compared to other media types:
- Availability: eLearning courses are always available and will not be counted to your borrowed medias. You can borrow eLearning courses at any time, even if your maximum number of loans is already full.
- Loan period: The loan period of a course is 6 months. If this time is not enough, you can simply borrow the course again. Your process of learning will still be saved on the platform of the provider. You can also delete a borrowed eLearning course from your account at any time.
eLearning courses can be used online with your Internet browser:
- With an internet browser on your PC
- with an internet browser on your tablet or smartphone.*
How it works
More information on the compatibility of the media types with different devices can be found in our overview: What works on which device.
* The only exception is the provider IWDL, which can only be used on a desktop computer.
Just as in your local library, the library staff decide what kind of titles are purchased. If eLearning is not available in your Onleihe, it has not been purchased by your library or the library consortium.
If you have any questions, please contact your library directly.